Let’s face it, keeping your milk supply up while you have your baby at home is tough. But have no fear, because here is a delicious, nutritious way to up that milk supply, with this amazing lactation smoothie. Let’s do it!
A quick note: if you do not currently have any of the ingredients listed below, and you have trouble finding where to buy them, please check out our Amazon store, where we have brought together all of these ingredients in one place!
- 1 tbsp of Green Superfood All Natural Drink Powder, of any flavor, so pick one you like
- 1 heaping tbsp of Hemp Hearts
- 1 heaping tbsp of chia powder
- 1 heaping tbsp of ground flax seed
- 1 tbsp of brewer’s yeast
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp fenugreek seed
- a banana
- some slices of an apple
- an avocado (for healthy fats)
- some greens (kale, spinach, whatever you like)
- a 1 1/2 cups of water or milk
The reason I enjoy lactation smoothies so much is that they are so easy to make!
- Add all the ingredients to a small blender and turn it on, you are done when everything has reached the consistency you like!
If you drink two of these a day in the beginning, while you’re starting to up your milk supply, it takes about three or four days. But once your milk starts coming in, you’ll see a big increase! If you’re just having a little trouble, and you only want to increase your milk supply by a little during breastfeeding, I recommend just having one of these lactation smoothies a day, and that will be enough.
I hope you learned a lot, and I hope you enjoyed this recipe, and I hope it increases your milk supply like crazy! Have a good one!